Saturday 24 January 2009

Not Good Enough.

I woke up this morning with a new one of those crazy ideas. The thing is, I'm deadly serious. I want to run away.


Although I'm not sure you could actually call it that, as I'm not a little child. And it wouldn't be forever. God, no. I just want a week or two by myself, somewhere new, away from the life I have here. I want to be free. Just for a little while.

I'm excited at the idea of being some friendly place, far away from home, with no one familiar, the sun shining behind me and the warm breeze through my hair.

This life, makes me feel like I'm stuck. Like I have no other choice. I wouldn't choose to be here if I had the option. I feel like I can't breathe. Like I'm suffocating and desperate to break free but I'm too scared. I don't have the guts to do anything about it.

I don't want to be unhappy. I don't want to waste my childhood by being unhappy. Not that I have much of one to begin with.

I'm already planning it out in my head. I have enough pocket money - what I've saved up my whole life - and I would take a few spare clothes. I would travel light. I would maybe book a bed and breakfast for the whole time, or move around a bit from place to place. Where exactly would I go? I'm thinking somewhere with a beach or something close to that. Because the idea is to clear my head. Devon comes to mind. And if I go somewhere far away, there's less chance of anyone finding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment